Friday, October 30, 2009

Pay Attention To The H1N1 Vaccine - And Response:


Posted October 24, 2009

Some of you may have noticed the H1N1 debate has begun heating up again. I certainly have because it is an issue that I have become very passionate about in recent months. You see, I am a healthcare worker. A nurse, to be specific. I work at a Chattanooga hospital and generally like my job. I received the regular flu vaccine this year, not because I wanted it, but to protect my patients a little better. I refused the H1N1 vaccination at that time. I feel it is unsafe, and I am 100% certain it has not been developed with all due care.

The hospital that I work for at first attempted to make it no big deal, get the vaccine or not. Its up to you. Almost no one took it. Then they tried 'meetings' to educate us poor healthcare workers who obviously didn't get the message the first time around. People still wouldn't take it.

The developers of this vaccine and members of the federal government have been granted immunity from any lawsuits or claims that may result. That's right, immunity. If something goes wrong and you find yourself paralyzed, suffering from some bizarre neurological disorder or with unrelenting pain as a direct result of this vaccination, you will have zero recourse. They will be protected from having to provide you with adequate healthcare, disability, and financial compensation for your losses. It's a get out of jail free card for them.

Here's the scary part. I am soon to be forced to receive this vaccination. That's right. If I don't consent to receive this vaccine, I will lose my job. I will no longer be allowed to practice as a nurse. They are done with their thinly veiled attempts to lovingly distribute the vaccine and have moved onto a take it or get out motto. Now, is that really a choice? The truth is, this vaccine might turn out to be harmless. It also could potentially cause cancer as the old polio vaccine is now known to have done. It could cause Guillain-barre syndrome as is listed right on the box that contains the vaccine as a potential side effect. In 1976, 4,000 people developed that very syndrome. It causes paralysis and sometimes leads to death. The fact that 46 million people received the vaccine and only 4,000 had serious adverse effects doesn't impress me much. That's still 4,000 people too many.

Also, ask yourself what's in the vaccine. Some of these vaccines are being prepared with the preservative Thimerosal. It has been linked to autism and brain damage.

If someone wants this vaccine, great. Its a personal choice. That choice has been taken from me, and my civil liberties are being violated. What's the next step? The government will soon come after the school age children and onward. You will find it a requirement to attend school and so forth.

I have made my decision. I will not be forced into submission. It is my body, and I have the right to refuse a vaccine without the threat of loss of income. However, if I have to choose between loss of income and a hospital/government trying to bully me, I will gladly hang up my stethoscope and go to law school.

Open your eyes. Today it's me; tomorrow it could be you.

Wendi Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment