Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ireland: Swine flu jab boy rushed to hospital:


October 27th, 2009
By Lisa Smyth: The Belfast Telegraph
The safety of Northern Ireland’s swine flu vaccination programme was called into question today by the parent of a young special needs pupil who ended up in hospital just hours after getting the jab.

Anne Marie Fletcher said she feared her 15-year-old son Rhys was going to die as she rushed him to hospital less than 24 hours after receiving the swine flu vaccine.

The teenager fell seriously ill after receiving the injection, along with thousands of other pupils across Northern Ireland last Friday. He was later diagnosed with swine flu.

“My husband drove us to Antrim (Area Hospital) and I sat in the back with Rhys,” she told the Belfast Telegraph.

“By this stage he was going into spasms. He couldn’t bend his fingers. I was absolutely terrified.

“He was rambling and becoming incoherent. I honestly thought he was going to die in the back of the car.

“He kept saying he wanted to sleep but I wouldn’t dare let him close his eyes because I was frightened that if I did he would never wake up.”

Read more…

No comments:

Post a Comment