Flyers/Resources to Distribute:
- Sarasota for Vaccination Choice NEW
- Dr. Blaylock & Dr. Mercola Debunk the H1N1 "Pandemic"
- Educate Yourself re: Mass-Vaccination (tri-fold, PDF)
- ** FLORIDA SWINE FLU VACCINE LAWSUIT!
- The Truth about Flu Shots in Pregnancy
- FDA Vaccine Package Inserts: 3 Injectable, 1 Intranasal: PDF's Here
- Swine Flu Arrives in Sarasota: Examining H1N1 'Swine Flu' and the Government's Rush to Vaccinate
- 2009 Florida Statutes: 381.00315 Public health advisories; public health emergencies
- Nuremberg Code: Directives for Human Experimentation
- Adverse Effects of Adjuvants in Vaccines
- Refuse and Resist Mandatory Flu Vaccines
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
[CBS News] How Independent Are Vaccine Defenders?
Sharyl Attkisson Investigates Vaccine Advocates Taking Funding From The Companies Whose Vaccines They Endorse
(CBS) For years some parents and scientists have raised concerns about vaccine safety, including a possible link to autism and ADD. Many independent experts have sided with government officials and other scientists who say there's no possible connection. But how "independent" are they? CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson shares here's what she found.
They're some of the most trusted voices in the defense of vaccine safety: the American Academy of Pediatrics, Every Child By Two, and pediatrician Dr. Paul Offit.
But CBS News has found these three have something more in common - strong financial ties to the industry whose products they promote and defend.
The vaccine industry gives millions to the Academy of Pediatrics for conferences, grants, medical education classes and even helped build their headquarters. The totals are kept secret, but public documents reveal bits and pieces.
A $342,000 payment from Wyeth, maker of the pneumococcal vaccine - which makes $2 billion a year in sales.
A $433,000 contribution from Merck, the same year the academy endorsed Merck's HPV vaccine - which made $1.5 billion a year in sales.
Another top donor: Sanofi Aventis, maker of 17 vaccines and a new five-in-one combo shot just added to the childhood vaccine schedule last month.
Every Child By Two, a group that promotes early immunization for all children, admits the group takes money from the vaccine industry, too - but wouldn't tell us how much.
A spokesman told CBS News: "There are simply no conflicts to be unearthed." But guess who's listed as the group's treasurers? Officials from Wyeth and a paid advisor to big pharmaceutical clients.
Then there's Paul Offit, perhaps the most widely-quoted defender of vaccine safety.
He's gone so far as to say babies can tolerate "10,000 vaccines at once."
READ ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE:
Posted by Thomas at 7:41 PM